Balto – Dog Double Knee Brace – BT JUMP DUAL
$280.00 – $340.00
BT-JUMP-DUAL is a dog double knee brace designed for cases of bi-lateral cruciate ligament, luxation of the patella, knee joint conditions such as arthritis and arthrosis, varus and valgus.
It is also used to protect the good knee.
It can be used both as an alternative to surgery, and in post-surgery (TTO, TTA, TPLO, DeAngelis).
Balto – Dog Double Knee Brace – BT-JUMP-DUAL has been designed for cases of bilateral cruciate ligament (ACL, CCL), luxation of the patella, knee joint conditions such as arthritis and arthrosis, varus and valgus.
It can be used both as an alternative to surgery, and in post-surgery.
BT-JUMP-DUAL is a kit composed with BT-JUMP braces: 1xLEFT and 1xRIGHT.
WHY USING BT-JUMP-DUAL
- Bilateral knee conditions
- Old dogs (general degenerative process)
- Overweight dogs (High pressure on the good leg)
- Active dogs with a important compensation beheaviour (running on 3 legs)
It is well known than over 50% of dogs with a crutiate condition will develop an injury on the good leg as well within 3 years.
BT-JUMP-DUAL is used to limit this risk.
SIZES AND MEASUREMENTS
Please check the “Sizes & Measurements” tab above to get the right size for your dog.
HOW TO USE BT-JUMP
According to your personnal preference, BT-JUMP-DUAL can be worn:
- As 2 separate braces at the same time
- As an assembly
DownloadsView BT-JUMP-DUAL Full Presentation View BALTO Product Catalog View BALTO Company Presentation
Size - How To Take Measurements
|Sizes||Circumference A||Circumference B||Front height A-B
|XXS||less than 6 in||<11 lb|
|XS||6.3 - 7.1 in||1.97 - 2.75 in||3.94 in||<13.3 lb|
|S||9.27 - 9.84 in||3.15 - 5.9 in||5.9 in||13.3 lb to 26.5 lb|
|M||10.24 - 12.2 in||3.94 - 6.3 in||7.09 in||26.5 lb to 55 lb|
|L||11.42 - 13.39 in||4.72 - 7.09 in||8.66 in||55 lb to 110 lb|
|XL||Over 14.17 in||Not required||9.84 in||>110 lb|
Examples of breeds
PLEASE DO NOT SELECT THE SIZE OF THE BRACE BASED ON THESE EXAMPLES, YOU NEED TO MEASURE YOUR DOG.
- XXS (CATS and TINY DOG): Pomeranians, Chihuahuas
- XS (SMALL DOGS): Jack Russell, Shih Tzu
- S (MIDSIZE DOGS): Beagle, Cocker Spaniel, French Bulldog
- M (MEDIUM DOGS): Border Collie, Bulldog
- L (LARGE DOGS): German Shepherd, Labrador/Golden Retriever, Rottweiler, Doberman
- XL (GIANT DOGS): Bullmastiff, Great Dane, Large Rottweiler and Doberman...
We found that this website is an excellent reference to help you.
- Measurement A is the most important criteria in making you choice. You have to measure at the middle of the thigh with the dog standing. You will get a better measurement if you measure both legs and average.
- The weight is to guide you if you are unsure. If your dog is overweight please consider the weight your dog would be if he/she was not overweight.
- If you hesitate between 2 sizes, always TAKE THE SMALLEST.
- Please contact us if you have any doubt.
- What do you call right or left leg?
=> If you are standing behind the dog looking in the same direction then the right leg is the one on the right. For example the dog on the photo is wearing the brace on its right leg.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
- During the period of restraint, it is advisable not to leave the dog alone for too long, because it might try to remove the brace by biting or scratching it.
- Be careful of the band when applying the brace to a male dog. When wrapping the band around the pelvis, pass the band in front of foreskin in order to avoid compressing the urethra.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
This video will show you how to properly fit the BT-JUMP brace on your dog.